Monday, April 2, 2012

CP II: Week 2

This last week I planned for one class and felt more comfortable in the other. I have enjoyed making exciting lesson plans  for geometry, but it is a little stressful wondering if the plan will work out. It also makes me anxious planning far ahead and spending a lot of time on plans if I will have to change them later depending on the pace the students' understanding. However, as I write more and more plans, they are getting easier and evolving. The feeling of being a teacher is more prominent and I feel like I get more content about my career everyday. In business math, we are almost done with a couple chapters, on investments and insurance, and I enjoy teaching very applicable topics. It isn't too difficult gaining students' interest, but sometimes they are off task, and I had to have a talk with them expressing the importance of utilizing class time and being efficient as if working for a business. On top of my classes, I have also been tutoring for the after-school mastery learning program for students who fail a test in algebra. I love that I can gain experience in another subject and grade level. Last, but not least, my cooperating teachers are wonderful. I learn a lot from their teaching styles and the random conversations we hold between classes and at lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Leslee,

    Thank you for your reflection. I can tell you are getting the best experience from CPII as you can so far. I would like to hear more about how the one class that you planned for didn't go as well as the one that wasn't.
    -Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are referring to the first sentence.. I did word it weirdly. What I meant was last week, I was only doing the planning for one class (geometry) because I had already completed my planning for business math for that week. I am getting more comfortable in business math because I have been teaching in there already. (Today was my first day teaching the entire lesson in geometry and it went well :)). Hope this makes sense. Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete