Monday, March 26, 2012

CP II: Week 1

This week went splendid. The two courses I am assigned to teach are geometry and business math, and I am transitioning into being the full-time teacher for each at different paces. On Monday and Tuesday, I continued to observe my two cooperating teacher's lessons and walked around to help students individually. On Wednesday, I started teaching for business math a chapter on health and life insurance. It has been fun learning experience working with seniors. Most of them think the class is pretty easy and just need to pass to graduate, so it has been somewhat challenging classroom management and keeping everyone interested. So far, I already am making great relationships with the students and my cooperating teachers, and loving lesson planning. In geometry this week, the students have been finishing up a chapter and reviewing for their test. I did a few problems with the class on Wednesday, passed out permission slips for TPA 4, and administered my student survey via GoogleForms. In AVID, I tutored. Mostly, the students work with one another and the tutors walk around waiting for questions or probing the students to ask questions. Finally, I help out and want to continue to help in an algebra class for English learners with a teacher who is involved with Math for America. I get some additional insight from his teaching and helping his students. I am excited for this second week, and the many more weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You sound like your going to have a busy CP. That Business Math class sounds really interesting, I wish something like that was available in my high school when I was still a student

    ReplyDelete